This event has no upcoming dates, which means it won't appear in the calendar.
Departing from Melbourne's Southern Cross Station or Geelong Station – explore the Otway Ranges in Victoria's South West aboard Steamrail's Vintage Train, hauled by iconic 1961 streamlined diesel locomotive S313 and a yet to be announced second locomotive. (during the warmer weather steam locomotives are not able to be used).
Travelling at a more leisurely pace, experience 'old-school' air-con with the windows open in our heritage wooden carriages dating back to 1906. Otherwise, choose first class to sit back in a comfortable air conditioned 1940s-vintage compartment carriage, with morning tea & supper provided on board.
Relax in your compartment as the train roars across the rich volcanic plains and towards the historic agricultural towns of Colac and Camperdown. Enjoy food & drinks from the Otway region, travel into the Otway Ranges and walk in the tree tops at the Otway Fly, or feel free to explore Colac or Camperdown townships. After an enjoyable day out, unwind with a light snack and refreshments from the kiosk.
EXCURSION CLASS - MELBOURNE OR GEELONG TO COLAC OR CAMPERDOWN
Experience the luxuries of the Edwardian Era in our heritage wooden carriages of up to 110 years old, with pressed tin ceilings, cosy compartments and gorgeous timber & chrome finishings. Featuring 'old-school' air-con, with the windows wide open to beat the summer heat!
FIRST CLASS - MELBOURNE OR GEELONG TO COLAC OR CAMPERDOWN
Go first class! Relax in your comfortable air conditioned & heated 1940s-vintage compartment with morning tea, a complimentary beverage and a light supper on the journey back to Melbourne.
WINE AND BEER EXPERIENCE
* Talk to the brewer and sample some of the 18 varieties of hand crafted beers and ciders over lunch at the Otway Estate Bar and Café. Sample a selection of finger food, followed by handmade pizzas, freshly cooked in the woodfired oven alongside a Prickly Moses Handcrafted Beer.
* Take in the views of the volcanic crater Lake Purrumbete at Camperdown's Lake Edge Cafe, enjoying afternoon tea seated at the edge of the crystal clear waters.
* Rejoin the train at historic Camperdown, famous for it's heritage buildings, Elm lined streets and iconic clocktower.
* This option cannot be chosen in conjunction with the Otway Tree Top Walk due to both tours operating concurrently.
OTWAY TREE TOP WALK
* Travel through the Otway Ranges, catching glimpses of the former Beech Forest narrow gauge railway, to the Otway Fly.
* Walk amongst the tree tops, 30 metres above the ground, at the Otway Tree Top Walk.
* Explore the rain forest on the interactive trail – perfect for budding young rangers!
* This option cannot be chosen in conjuction with the Wine and Beer Experience due to both tours operating concurrently.
* Visit the volcanic plains town of Colac, once the busy junction with the Narrow Gauge railway into the Otway Ranges. See the historic buildings or visit the busy main street. Take a stroll to the iconic Lake Colac and have a picnic in the historic Botanic Gardens.
* Explore historic Camperdown and visit its famous clock tower, court house, museum, or relax over lunch at one of its many fine hotels or cafes. For nature lovers, the avenue of beautiful elm trees or the nearby nature reserves are always worth a look - marvel at the scenery and geological history of the area.
No upcoming dates found.
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2021 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.