1) what will be the stopping pattern and timetabling of the services when the line reopens, the same as before or with some services terminating at blackwood as I have heard in previous threads?
2) what works have occurred along the line from Millswood to Belair, if any?
I also have suggestions as well, please comment on them:
1) reopen the disused stations for peak services only as several residents want them open and have those all stopper peaks terminate at blackwood and the non disused station stoppers run through to Belair in peak time and at night, weekends, public holidays and off peak the current timetable remains.
2) extend the passing loops at Belair in either 2 ways:
i) blackwood loop extended to remove siding, Eden hills loop extended 40m on the south side to COMFORTABLY fit long trains, sleeps hill loop extended after about 2 to 3m of hillside at the most is excavated to allow for a loop between the south end of Lynton station and the northern end of sleeps hill tunnel and the Mitcham loop is extended from grange road to just before hawthorn station as there is enough room for 2 broad gauge tracks.
ii) same process for the blackwood and Eden hills loops but leave Mitcham loop and extend Eden hills loop about 20 to 30m at either end so that no minor excavation is needed but the loop can COMFORTABLY accommodate trains.
3) for electrification have the poles for the catenary located on the Adelaide metro side of alignment except for the long loops where the gantry's can be used as in Adelaide yard they are high and a single container per carriage could easily pass and just ensure that the wires are not over the ARTcorp side and then it is fine. the tunnel track can be easily lowered for electrification.
4) demolish the old Adelaide metro Belair platform and build a dual track platform in the old depot area for Belair trains with a bus interchange or move the start of the ARTcorp loop east 200m to the sir Edwin avenue bridge and rebuild the platform there on a straight part of track to allow a dual track platform.
5) upgrade Torrens park station as it is old and needs a new platform
with more stations to collect more revenue, better stopping patterns, longer loops, better stations and electrification the Belair line will be better used and be a great community asset!