Line closed since 1000am Yesterday still not open as yet.
At 1121hrs Adelaide TTM advised of the following:
"At 1001 hours this morning, the main line between Adelaide and Crystal Brook has closed due to flooding between Two Wells and the 57 km towards Mallala. The Track Inspector on site reported that the water had risen a further 35 cm in 30 minutes. At this stage, anticipated closure is expected to be from 12 to 24 hours. Situation assessment will be ongoing and updates will be forwarded when they are received."
**UPDATE** "as at 30/09/2016 @ 1815hrs
Following this afternoons hook up ARTC can provide the following update.
• Water is still flowing over the Korunye rd level crossing.
• Gawler River is threatening and expected to peak at approx.1800hrs tonight.
• The section will be inspected at daylight to fully assess the damage once waters have receded.
• The ballast consist has been arranged to be placed to the siding and loaded from 0630hrs. ( approx. 3 -4 hrs loading )
• Culverts between Crystal Brook and Caltowie are flowing freely.
• Rocky River and Broughton Rivers are currently OK and will be inspected before the next train.
Track Opening – At this stage track opening Sunday morning and will be updated following 1000am hook up and assessment from damage overnight.