This is why people should have stuck with Labour. Yes they where having funding issues. but they solve it one way or another WITHOUT selling of our assets.
I can assume what went wrong with our public transport system, but I thought everything was going well. Patronage was up and rising. It's why they have kept spending money to keep improving it.
Privatising the rail networks won't work. Our bus network is f**ked because "Adelaide Metro" set up timetables that are almost impossible to keep. People complain to Adelaide Metro who respond with "will pass on the information to the service provider" YOU are the service provider. Don't push the blame to the companies operating your service.
If you truly want to improve the network, expand it. Create regional rail. All though this won't be profitable it will create more jobs and better connect our state. Extend the O-bahn to the airport via a tunnel and Interchange under the CBD
1) The Railway is NOT being sold or privatised, its been handed over to external management, same as the buses.
2) Govt need to learn to live within their means and social promised need to be funded, not borrowed.
3) The investment in PT is not exclusive to govt operation.
4) If Adelaide Metro, a govt entity set up the timetables and its a failure, then why do you place so much faith in the govt department to be better than private?
5) Regional Rail is dead is SA, too few people too far apart, its why people stopped using it the first time.
Building a tunnel under the city for the O-bahn at something like $500M or better so a few people can get to the airport by bus?
I would have thought rather than creating jobs at taxpayers expense for people to move empty buses and trains to where people don't want to go, the better option would be to build a tunnel from Adelaide station down through the city connecting to the southern line. However SA cannot afford this $1B project and the rest of the network needs to be sparked first.