Don's hero leaves the White House with the same contempt for tradition and lack of Statesmanship as he demonstrated all his 4 year term. There are Dictators who have left position with more decorum and respect than Trump.
A few examples
- No traditional invite to the President Elect to have a guided tour of the White House prior to inauguration day
- Refuses to attend inauguration day and undertake an official handover
- Not expected to lead a tradition letter for the incoming President welcoming to the Oval Office
- Melania has not invited the President Elect's wife to a traditional personal tour.
- Refuses to attend the traditional wreath laying ceremony at the Military Cemetery with past and sitting Presidents.
- At least three soon to be former Aides of Trump have communicated using private emails to Biden's office to enable a smooth hand over because DT wouldn't concede.
Trump's final hurrah is a farewell event at Joint Base Andrews. for which invites were sent out with request to bring up to 5 others (desperation for numbers). Trump has told staff he wants his tarmac send-off to include all the pomp and circumstance he feels he deserves, including a 21-Gun Salute, red carpet and military Color Guard. On Monday afternoon, an administration official told CNN the bells and whistles might all be for a very big audience of one -- the President -- and a small audience of others: "So far, there haven't been a lot of RSVPs."
However the final bit of interest, is that during Trump's term as President, even his wife didn't share a bed with him. She had the traditional bedroom, while he had a study converted to his bedroom. Had Melania walked out on Trump prior to today, she would have gained alot of respect and doors would have opened for her. However she spent the last two weeks in hiding and asked aides to find out what her personal entitlements were as former first lady, so it will be interesting to see how long she hangs around Trump over the coming months. (Basically there are no benefits for the First Lady herself and what she gets by being married to Trump will evaporate on divorce or his death).
Ivanka and her HB are reportedly finding out that life post politics is proving to be very lonely as past acquaintances and some friends are distancing themselves from the couple when they return to NY.
Meanwhile Pence at least is remaining professional and undertaking the usual hand over procedures including face to face meeting with Harris. Had the Republican party had the balls to dump Trump for the reelection, I'm 100% confident Pence would be the current President-Elect. But his loyalty to Trump was all one way with Trump stabbing him in the back, repeatedly in the last few weeks.