1. Is the line from Parliament to Flinders St in the Clifton Hill
tunnel still being used. The rails are shiny but underground so
probably not getting rusty
2. When was the last regularly steam hauled passenger train in
Victoria (and not 2'6"!). I know in NSW it was a Gosford Newcastle
connector hauled by 59s in 1972, or preceeding that, a Newcastle
3. Why is it from a flyover in Fyshwick their appear to be at least 3
running lines into Canberra. Was there ever a multiple number of
genuine running lines, not sidings?
4. Did E-Class electrics ever regularly haul passenger trains in Vic?
Eg Lilydale or Franskton?
5. When the Rutherglen Red passenger train ran in the 70s, did it use
the branch to Rutherglen or stick to the mainline?
6. I've raised this previously but never got a super response. In
Victoria there was once the custom of a passenger train going onto a
wharf to pick-up shipping passengers eg Station Pier and I believe the
neighbouring pier as well. Did this happen in other states? If not,
what public transport was offered? I know the current Sydney OPT is
well served by PT, but what of the other locations?
7. I know there are tours of the City Underground in Sydney - or were.
Have there ever been tours of the tunnel that is reputed to lead from
North Sydney to Crows Nest? Where does it reach to or surface?
Thanks for your answers