* Duplication Deer Park West to Melton
* Extended platforms at Rockbank
* Second platforms at Bacchus Marsh & Ballan
* New crossing loops at Bacchus Marsh, Ballan and on the Millbrook deviation
* Duplication for 3 kms from Warrenheip in an Up direction towards Dunnstown .
* Closure of the North Line (original line) through Wallace .
* Restoration of two way running for passenger services between Warrenheip and Ballarat East .
* Three stabling roads at Melton and three also at Rowsley .
August 2016 :
The State Government has announced that as part of the current new two platform (island ) station at Caroline Springs that the existing duplication will be extended immediately from the current Deer Park West Junction one kilometre through the new platforms to a new temporary double to single track junction at the Down end of the new station, with expected completion of both projects early 2017 . Major other works will commence in 2017 .