A77 arrives at Melbourne's Spencer street station with a V/Line passenger service, probably from Albury, in early July 1993. Bloody seagulls!
The A class were originally built for the Victorian Government Railways as the B class by Clyde Engineering of Sydney in 1952/53 with EMD 567B engines. In 1984/85 eleven members of the class were rebuilt by Clyde at their Rosewater (South Australia) plant as the A class with EMD 645E3B engines as part of a general upgrade of passenger services in Victoria at the time.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.