The New South Wales Government Railways 42 class Diesel Locomotive was built by Clyde Engineering Granville during 1955 and 1956 numbered from 4201 to 4206.
in 1978 a ban was placed on the class leading and all of the class were withdrawn by 1983 except for 4201 which had its cab upgraded during overhaul and repainted into the 125th anniversary of NSW railways in 1980.
3 of the class survive,
4201, which is still used on tourist trains and under the care of the New South Wales Transport museum at Thirlmere , seen here on 11-10-2011.
4204, Used on tourist trains under the care of the Lachlan Valley tourist railway
4206. Stored at the Dorrigo Steam Railway and Museum.
4203 was preserved at Cowra at a Museum but was cut up in the early 2000s and the remnants including nose are displayed at a pub at Emu Plains in NSW