Government changes plan on rail line (Prevents any railed vehicle from using rail line)
Sydney suburban fleet modernisation contract awarded
Opal takeover: Pensioner Excursion and TravelTen tickets cut from next year
Rail corridor worth up to $3.8m, depending on development constraints
Sydney Rail Workers Sick And Tired Of Violent Commuters
Sydney grandfather leaps into path of oncoming freight train after baby girl in stroller falls on tracks
Labor hopeful Jodi McKay backs government on rail plan
What Sydney needs to transport us to the future
South West Rail Link trains drivers warned to slow down
Sydney Trains boss critical of $344m upgrade of Cronulla to Sutherland railway line
COMMUTERS have been warned about track work between Granville and St Marys this weekend.
Buses will replace trains between these stations these stations as well as between Carlingford and Clyde.
Trains will still run between Richmond and Blacktown.
Pendle Hill residents have also been advised major track work will get under way this weekend when lift structures will start to be installed. Its upgrades will also include new stairs to platform 3 and 4.
Along with Wentworthville station, the overhaul will be complete by December.
Toongabbie station is also earmarked for an upgrade, with planning approval officially approved last week.
Improvements comprise lifts, new stairs, canopies, toilets, two passenger information displays, lighting and CCTV cameras to boost access and security.
Seven Hills state Liberal MP Mark Taylor said customers would find it easier to access the station with an upgrade to the pedestrian crossing, new bicycle racks near the station entrances, and renewed bus shelters on Portico Pde. There would also be improvements to the kiss-and-ride area at Portico Pde and Wentworth Ave.
An artist’s impression of the upgraded Toongabbie train station.
Improvements will include the lifts and security cameras.
Paths between interchange areas and the station entrance will also be built.
A tender for the design and construction of the project has been released and a contractor will be chosen soon.
This weekend will be one of the last NSW commuters will have to use paper tickets, with the State Government set to put them through the shredder by the end of July.
Transport Minister Andrew Constance said the old tickets would no longer be sold or accepted from August 1, with the Opal card system and “last resort” Opal single trip tickets to remain for Sydney and surrounding regions.
“With the single electronic system we can move to the next stage in ticketing, with a customer trial in 2017 for tapping on with credit and debit cards,” he said.
Adult and concession singles and returns, the 90-day international student ticket and the Family Fare deal are among the final paper tickets to be phased out.
Combined Pensioners and Superannuants’ Association policy co-ordinator Paul Versteege said pensioners had limited days to use their stockpiles of Pensioner Excursion Tickets (PET).
Sales of PETs ceased on January 1 but they were still accepted by machines.
Mr Versteege said the government was “unreasonably forcing” seniors to redeem the tickets online and called for a one-month redemption period extension to assist those who are “typically not tech savvy”.
This article first appeared on www.dailytelegraph.com.au
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2019 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.