Glenhuntly and Truganini road track and overhead upgrade
Construction of new platform stops on St Kilda Rd - 11 June to early August 2015
Tram routes changed, abolished in shake-up to ease congestion
Moonee Ponds tram upgrade project
New accessible tram stop for Route 1 & 8 passengers
Toorak Terminus tram upgrade project
Record tram performance in 2014
May 2015 performance results
Your new Jolimont/MCG tram stop
For further information or to access the latest Works Update visit the Acland Street Upgrade Project page on the City of Port Phillip website.
Public Transport Victoria (PTV), the City of Port Phillip and Yarra Trams are working together to revitalise the streetscape and upgrade the tram terminus on Acland Street, St Kilda. These works are part of the end-to-end upgrade of Route 96, Melbourne's busiest tram route, and are critical to improving the network.
The Acland Street Upgrade provides an updated, pedestrian friendly streetscape with a new public plaza and a level-access Route 96 tram terminus.
Monday, 11 July to Monday, 8 August 2016 (night works)
• Including additional gas upgrade works, soil testing for track removal and excavation, installation of new power poles and street lights, and overhead power works.
Terminus construction and replacement of tracks
Monday, 8 August to Tuesday, 16 August 2016 (mainly 24
hours / day)
• The new level access platform will be constructed between Belford Street and the entrance to Acland Court Shopping Centre. • Tram tracks will be replaced between the new terminus and Carlisle Street.
Thursday 18 August to Monday 17 October
• Streetscape works will be completed in three sections; the footpath areas on either side of Acland Street, between Belford Street and Barkly Street, and the new plaza area.
• Route 96 trams will terminate at Luna Park from Monday, 8 August and Tuesday, 16 August 2016. • Route 96 services will operate from the new terminus from 5am on Wednesday, 17 August 2016.
• Pedestrian access around work areas will be clearly signed. • Pedestrian access to businesses and residences on Acland Street will be maintained.
• From 1am on Monday, 8 August 2016 Acland Street between Belford and Barkly Street will be permanently closed to cars. • In addition, from Monday 8 August 2016 to Tuesday 16 August 2016, there will be no vehicle access on Acland Street between Belford Street and Carlisle Street. • Normal vehicle movements will resume from Wednesday, 17 August 2016.
Working with the community
• PTV, the City of Port Phillip and Yarra Trams are working closely with the appointed contractor to minimise impacts to the community. Noise levels will vary over the course of works. • Refer to the latest Works Update available on the Acland Street Upgrade Project page on the City of Port Phillip website for more information on construction impacts. • For any specific enquiries regarding construction please call 1800 800 007.
This article first appeared on www.yarratrams.com.au
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2019 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.