Lund – Malmö quadruple tracking contract
Prime Minister inaugurates Napoli Afragola station
ÖBB starts Pyhrnstrecke station upgrading
Weekly LCL service widens appeal of China-Europe rail route
Siemens to buy planning software company HaCon
Hupac orders eight multisystem locomotives
Montecargo privatisation cancelled
IONX and Ermewa agree telematics partnership
High-value chemicals travel from China to Europe by rail
DB Regio selected for Rhein-Neckar operating contract
Alstom has secured three contracts worth €125m from Spanish national rail operator Renfe to maintain 15 Avelia Pendolino high-speed trains and 106 suburban trains.
The contracts encompass preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance for the suburban trains, as well as complete maintenance services for the high-speed Pendolinos.
Irvia is a joint venture (JV) between Alstom and Renfe, which will be responsible for the maintenance works. Alstom holds a 51% stake in the JV, with the remaining 49% owned by Renfe.
Pendolino maintenance and associated services will be carried out at Cerro Negro in Madrid and La Sagra in Toledo.
“Maintenance services of the rolling stock will enable Renfe to optimise train services and improve profitability.”
Alstom manufactured the Pendolino high-speed trains at its Santa Perpetua facility between 2002-05. Currently, they operate from Madrid to Ciudad Real, Puertollano, Toledo, Córdoba and Seville.
The company also extended ongoing maintenance services for Renfe’s commuter trains for four years, with the option of an additional year.
It will maintain these commuter trains in Renfe’s Barcelona depots of Vilanova, Moncada and Mataró.
Maintenance services of the rolling stock will enable Renfe to optimise train services and improve profitability.
Earlier this month, Alstom and its partner Eversholt Rail unveiled the design of a hydrogen train for the UK.
Expected to commence operations in 2022, the hydrogen trains will be developed by converting the existing Class 321 trains.
The deployment of these environment-friendly trains will help the UK to achieve the government’s plan to withdraw diesel rolling stock by 2040.
The post Alstom secures €125m rolling stock maintenance contracts from Renfe appeared first on Railway Technology.
This article first appeared on www.railway-technology.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2020 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.