Public Transport Victoria forum hears call for more Maryborough train services
State Government Commits to Developing Rail Infrastructure for Victoria
Horsham residents to be quizzed about future use of dormant rail corridor land
No choppers here: Malcolm Turnbull takes the train to Geelong
Opposition Leader Matthew Guy backs Melbourne Airport rail link
Jail time for train threats to Vline Staff
Premier Daniel Andrews hears efforts to address Central Goldfields disadvantage, push for more Maryborough trains
The Inland Rail Link Melbourne to Brisbane a Similar Case as the RAA's Bendigo - Geelong Rail Link
North-West Rail Alliance urges more council support amid push for return of Mildura passenger rail
Grampians Rail Trail: Shire calls for community to step up and manage facility
Weapon-wielding youths yesterday descended on a Melbourne train station with baseball bats looking for another group of young men — who they accused of carrying out a shocking bashing and robbery.
And a furious father has lashed out at police officers — who he claims were helpless to save his teenage son and his mate being bashed and robbed by a group of up to 30 youths as they walked home from the cinema on Sunday night.
Anthony Ferrari took to Facebook to vent, saying his 14-year-old son Xavier had been set upon by the large group — who he describes as being of African appearance — at Wyndham Vale train station.
In the post, he wrote that his son was pushed to the ground and the group then stole his iPhone and necklace before bashing the teenager and his mate.
Mr Ferrari said two Protective Services Officers (PSOs) were nearby, but “just watched”.
He told 3AW he spoke to the PSOs who told him they were powerless to act.
He said: “I spoke to the PSO officers on the phone and I asked them why didn’t they do anything. The PSO officers turned around and said, ‘You have to understand there was only two of us and about 20 or so of them.’”
However, yesterday — at the same train station where Sunday’s incident allegedly took place — there was an ugly stand-off between groups of young people.
TheHerald Sun witnessed the incident first-hand, reporting that caucasian youths with baseball bats were looking for African-Australians who they blamed for the alleged robbery — and they cornered one young man who denied any involvement.
This article first appeared on www.news.com.au
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2020 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.