Response to Austrains' announcement of a C30 tank and C30T
An Announcement from Austrains - SDS acquisition
Connecting loco and tender - Hornby Top Tips
Trainorama 830 class 847 review
Under the Portuguese Sun - Tree planting
Bachmann new GWR Earl Class review
Reconnecting with a childhood hobby
James May urges nation to 'save Hornby' as shares plunge 62%
Hornby boss quits after third profit warning in five months
Statement from Ixion Model Railways Ltd
Hello friends and modelers.
This is my first post on MRH. My name is Glenn Holland, I'm a young mechanical engineer in the rail industry, and my modeling efforts are done with Lego bricks. I've been building and seriously modeling trains for about 12 years now.
Here is my newest model: I chose the Buffalo Creek & Gauley 2-8-0 Consolidation #13.
I began designing the model in February this year and brought it to completion this past weekend, right at five months of build time. It runs smoothly using a combination of Lego's home-grown motor system and a custom battery. I have also added a sound card from Dallee Electronics.
The model is about 97% pure Lego. The remaining 3% is comprised of custom third party pieces, the non-Lego battery, the sound system, and the connecting rods, which I designed myself and printed on Shapeways.
Link to more photos:
Link to a more detailed article: https://brickmodelrailroader.com/index.php/2019/06/10/buffalo-creek-gauley-2-8-0-13-by-glenn-holland/
Link to a video showing the details and running:
I'm happy to field any questions.
This article first appeared on model-railroad-hobbyist.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2019 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.