Catering: Making the customers smile again
Policy: Passenger rail in the age of coronavirus
Bolt offers to help get Londoners to vaccine appointments in the capital
COVID-stricken Tyne and Wear Metro could need more cash bailouts
Read THIS! Deke STANDS For YOU!
Improving resilience in the face of emergencies
Additional £8 million of support for light rail operators in Scotland
Interview: ‘We have to win back our customers’
Financial Support for Scottish Operators Announced
FTA Makes $14B Available to Support Public Transit During COVID-19
Concerns over a lack of social distancing on crammed Adelaide trains have persisted, with boosted services failing to fix the issue despite a Government commitment for a resumption of the normal timetable.
Commuters on one early morning train from Salisbury were "nose to tail" according to ABC Radio Adelaide reporter Spence Denny, with the service leaving standing room only.
The lack of space comes days after South Australian Premier Steven Marshall promised an increased capacity of one train every 15 minutes during peak hour to reduce overcrowding.
Adelaide Metro's services were reduced earlier this month after a mechanical fault was identified, taking 50 of the state's 70 diesel engines out of use temporarily and forcing half-hourly trains on some lines.
Coronavirus update: Follow all the latest news in our daily wrap."My understanding is they'll all be back in service on Monday, and we'll be back to those 15-minute time zones in the peak hours on those main lines," Mr Marshall said on Friday.
SA Labor published several images on social media of passengers packed into trains on the Gawler line on Monday, but a Liberal spokesperson said trains ran every 15 minutes during peak hour on the line.
Commuters were packed on trains along the Gawler line on Monday.(Supplied: SA Labor)Mr Marshall told reporters that he had not yet seen records of Monday's services, but that "the reality is there are far more trains on our tracks in South Australia than there were last week".
He said he was concerned about the images surfacing on social media, labelling it "a real issue".
"We are again concerned at some of the images, and we're asking that people exercise caution when they're getting onto public transport," he said.
"What we saw last week was a lot of people getting on earlier or getting on later, and this really did spread that load, and we're asking people to continue with this."
This article first appeared on www.abc.net.au
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2021 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.