Station naming deals announced
Runaway Rail Car Kicked Loose by Teen Hits New York Station
Škoda unveils its second tram for the Chinese market
Wabtec to buy Faiveley Transport for US$1·8bn
Constantine tram extension contract
Channel Tunnel: '2,000 migrants' tried to enter
Ottawa urban rail gets federal funding
UK and Italian operators order Vossloh locomotives
First Great Western and Eversholt sign Hitachi AT300 train contract
Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi invite interest in DIKKM railway
Mediterranean Shipping Company SA has announced that its subsidiary MSC Rail completed the acquisition of a 95% stake in CP Carga on January 21, taking control of the freight and logistics business of national operator CP. The remaining 5% of the company is to be offered to employees.
‘We have now the chance to put our strategic plan in action, to drive the company towards a bright future and develop it into a major player in the Iberian Peninsula in the coming years’, said MSC Chief Logistics Officer Giuseppe Prudente. ‘The acquisition and the related investments demonstrate MSC’s unwavering commitment to Portugal and the development of its logistics sector’.
According to MSC, the transaction represents an investment of €53m, of which €51m will be used to recapitalise CP Carga.
MSC had signed the initial contract to purchase CP Carga on September 21 2015. Approval for the sale was issued by the Portuguese competition authority on December 4 2015.
This article first appeared on www.railwaygazette.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2020 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.