Station naming deals announced
Runaway Rail Car Kicked Loose by Teen Hits New York Station
Škoda unveils its second tram for the Chinese market
Wabtec to buy Faiveley Transport for US$1·8bn
Constantine tram extension contract
Channel Tunnel: '2,000 migrants' tried to enter
Ottawa urban rail gets federal funding
UK and Italian operators order Vossloh locomotives
First Great Western and Eversholt sign Hitachi AT300 train contract
Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi invite interest in DIKKM railway
Spanish firm Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles (CAF) has secured a €400m ($456.12m) contract from Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS) for the supply of additional passenger cars.
CAF will deliver a total of 302 passenger cars based on the Civity platform. Rail cars will be configured into 38 four-car and 50 three-car train sets.
The latest contract is an extension of the original €500m ($570.16m) contract signed in 2014.
Trains are expected to enter service in the first half of 2023.
The Ministry of Transport has awarded a €90m ($102.62m) contract to a consortium led by Alstom for the refurbishment of the existing signalling network on the General Roca Railway.
Alstom holds a 58% stake in the consortium, while the remaining 42% stake is held by POSE.
Alstom will use its electronic interlocking technology named Iconis Centralised Traffic Management System and the automatic train stop (ATS) system for the modernisation of the rail network.
The civil and electrical works associated with the project will be carried out by POSE.
Field tests, warranty and commissioning works will be jointly handled by both the companies.
“The $107m contract also included deployment of the FlexCare maintenance management system for 24 years.”
Austria-based Wiener Lokalbahnen has reached an agreement with Bombardier Transportation for the purchase of 18 FLEXITY trams.
The scope of the $107m contract also included deployment of the FlexCare maintenance management system for 24 years.
An exercisable option for 16 additional trams and eight years of maintenance is included in the deal.
The trains are scheduled to replace the existing TW100-type trains by 2021.
Bombardier Transportation has been awarded a contract by rail vehicle leasing company Railpool for the delivery of 20 electric BOMBARDIER TRAXX locomotives.
The $85m contract also provides options to buy an additional 20 trains.
Railpool is expected to take delivery of the first locomotive by the end of 2019.
The BOMBARDIER TRAXX 3 platform includes TRAXX AC3, TRAXX MS3 and TRAXX DC3 models equipped with an optional diesel engine for operations on non-electrified sections.
Société nationale des chemins de fer français (SNCF) and Bombardier Transportation have entered an agreement for the delivery of 334 Francilien rail cars.
The rail cars will be configured into 42 seven-car train sets and five eight-car trains under the $378m contract.
SNCF intends to modernise its fleet through the deployment of the trains on L, J, and P lines of its Transilien network.
The post Deals this week: CAF, Alstom, Bombardier Transportation appeared first on Railway Technology.
This article first appeared on www.railway-technology.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2019 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.