Virgin Hyperloop One to build test track in Saudi Arabia
Abu Dhabi Metro Tender
Transmashholding-Hungary wins deal to supply train cars to Egypt
Dubai firm invests €100 million in world’s longest undersea rail tunnel
Etihad Rail approves Dubai-Abu Dhabi train contracts
Transport chief to visit Oman to push rail link plan between Israel and Gulf
Bahrain shortlists consultants for phase I of Bahrain metro rail project
Saudi high-speed rail line to start operating in September
Saudi Railway selects Huawei for smart railway programme
Digital interlocking signalling system goes live in Egyptian station
RZD International officially launched work to electrify the Garmsar – Incheh Borun line with a ceremony on July 2.
The 495 km route links the Tehran – Mashhad main line with the border with Turkmenistan. The electrification and upgrading project is scheduled to take 52 months and aims to increase the capacity of the route to 10 million tonnes/year, supporting the development of the North-South corridor between Russia, Central Asia and Iran east of the Caspian Sea.
The €1·2bn contract which Islamic Republic of Iran Railways signed with Russian Railways’ export business on March 28 2017 includes the installation of 25 kV 50 Hz electrification, track upgrading to permit high speeds, resignalling, the supply of electric locomotives and maintenance equipment, and the provision of technical assistance once electric services begin.
A five-year Russian export loan is financing 85% of the cost, with the Iranian government providing the remaining 15%.
This article first appeared on www.railwaygazette.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2019 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.