Lund – Malmö quadruple tracking contract
Prime Minister inaugurates Napoli Afragola station
ÖBB starts Pyhrnstrecke station upgrading
Weekly LCL service widens appeal of China-Europe rail route
Siemens to buy planning software company HaCon
Hupac orders eight multisystem locomotives
Montecargo privatisation cancelled
IONX and Ermewa agree telematics partnership
High-value chemicals travel from China to Europe by rail
DB Regio selected for Rhein-Neckar operating contract
Getlink has signed an agreement with French public transport operator Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens (RATP) to form a joint venture (JV).
This JV will operate in the French regional rail market. Following the official approval of the agreement, RATP will own a 55% stake in the JV while Getlink holds the remaining 45%.
RATP operates and maintains passenger transport in France and internationally while Getlink focuses on operating and maintaining infrastructure and operating rail and shuttle services via the Channel Tunnel. This partnership will create a new organisation that combines both skillsets to meet the requirements of regional rail services tenders.
Group RATP chairman and CEO Catherine Guillouard said: “We are delighted to align ourselves with Getlink as the railway services market opens up.
“We are convinced that the high-level association of our many strengths across the whole value chain will make us a strong candidate for future opportunities in French regions.”
Getlink chairman and CEO Jacques Gounon said: “This partnership with the RATP group will enable us to combine our different strengths to promote mobility in the Regions for the benefit of the travelling public.”
In July this year, RATP Dev teamed up with Australian firm John Holland to bid for the upcoming Sydney metro project contracts. The companies signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to bid for operating and maintaining Sydney Metro West and Sydney Metro Greater West projects.
In April last year, Alstom received a contract from RATP to provide its automatic train operation system I-CBTC to line 6 of the Paris metro in France.
The post Getlink and RATP form JV to enter regional rail market in France appeared first on Railway Technology.
This article first appeared on www.railway-technology.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2020 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.