Trains ordered for Busan metro Line 1
CRRC to supply Noida metro trains
Jakarta – Bandung DBOM concession agreed
Myanma Railways orders Indian locomotives
DBK-Leasing completes Ijara wagon deal
Bangkok railway engineering education agreement signed
Singapore sovereign wealth fund takes stake in Railpool
Bangkok monorail lines approved
Contactless ticketing to be tested in Singapore
The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) issued the Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to Mumbai based major infrastructure firm J Kumar Infraprojects Limited for the contract worth Rs 174,76,37,259.00 for carrying out the balance civil work of Mumbai Metro Line 7.
“We are in receipt of Letter of Acceptance from Mumbai Metro Rail project for part design and construction of the balance works of package 1, line 7 elevated viaduct (excluding stations & station viaduct architectural finishing & pre-engineering steel roof structure of station) from chainage (-)525.903m (pier P1E) to chainage (+) 5801.297m (Pier P278) Andheri East – Dahisar East corridor of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA,” said in the statement filed by J Kumar with BSE and NSE on 15th May 2020.
On 29th January 2020, MMRDA had called bids from the civil contractors for carrying out balance civil work of Package-1, Line 7 which was arisen due to termination of the contract worth Rs 348 crore earlier awarded to Simplex Infrastructure Limited citing poor performance in the execution of the project. However, Simplex Infrastructure had completed about 75% of the work of package 1. The J Kumar has to complete the remaining 25% civil works of Mumbai Metro Line 7.
The metro operations on Line 7 are scheduled to open in September this year but due to countrywide lockdown, the project may be delayed for some more months. The ITD Cementation is currently laying the track on Metro Line 7.
Even Covid-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc across the world, the MMRDA has begun its infrastructure project works on war-footing. Development work has commenced on the Mumbai Metro Line 7 (Dahisar East – Andheri East) as MMRDA received 12 escalators and two elevators in the first week of this month from China. The machinery came in as many as 30 containers and would be installed at three different stations of the Metro line.
Nominate your business for Rail Infra and Mobility Business Digital Awards 2020 today!
This article first appeared on www.urbantransportnews.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2021 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.