Lund – Malmö quadruple tracking contract
Prime Minister inaugurates Napoli Afragola station
ÖBB starts Pyhrnstrecke station upgrading
Weekly LCL service widens appeal of China-Europe rail route
Siemens to buy planning software company HaCon
Hupac orders eight multisystem locomotives
Montecargo privatisation cancelled
IONX and Ermewa agree telematics partnership
High-value chemicals travel from China to Europe by rail
DB Regio selected for Rhein-Neckar operating contract
A consortium of Stadler and Erion has received a €115m contract from Spanish state-owned railway infrastructure manager ADIF to deliver 22 rescue locomotives.
This follows ADIF selecting the consortium as preferred bidder for the contract in July.
The scope of the contract involves the delivery of 22 bi-mode locomotives, along with their maintenance, for a period of eight years.
Once the vehicles are delivered, ADIF will use them to undertake high-speed railway lines inspection, carry out rescue operations of stranded trains and snow clearance.
The vehicles will also be used to haul maintenance trains that weigh 600t.
The 2.8MW locomotives can reach a maximum speed of 160km/h and can operate in weather conditions ranging from 45˚C to -25˚C, Stadler said.
These four-axle high power diesel-electric locomotives feature AC/AC transmission and low axle load.
They will also fully comply with all safety, emissions and environmental protection standards in Europe.
The vehicles are equipped with an IGBT traction system and adhesion control system. They are also fitted with ETCS, GSM-R communication systems and the Spanish ASFA signalling system.
Stadler holds an 80% stake in the consortium while Erion holds the remaining 20% interest. Erion is a joint venture between Spanish rail operator Renfe and Stadler.
Last week, Stadler won a €165m ($182m) contract from Taiwan Railway Administration to supply 34 diesel-electric locomotives.
Last month, Stadler signed an agreement with PT Inka to form a joint venture (JV) to develop and manufacture rolling stock at the Banyuwangi facility in east Java.
The post Stadler wins €115m locomotive contract from ADIF appeared first on Railway Technology.
This article first appeared on www.railway-technology.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2020 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.