Tunnel experts warn Premier Daniel Andrews on East West Link
East West Link battle justifies need for non-partisan body on infrastructure
Melbourne Airport Drive extension opened
Atlas 5 sets sail to orbit
Melbourne's first double-decker bus ready to rumble when Regional Rail Link opens
$500m Abrams tanks in the wars
Woman trapped under bus in Sydney's CBD dies
We're still going to miss the bus
Linking Melbourne Authority to be kept despite having no roads to build
Burgers in a rooftop train carriage? Easey's burger joint to open in Collingwood
All but three of more than 20 students taken to the Royal Children's Hospital after a bus crash on Friday have been released.
Jake Maynard, 16, one of three students still in hospital, is expected to be allowed home today. There had been fears that he may have suffered spinal injuries in the accident.
Jake said he could just remember going into the tunnel and then waking up on the bus with a bloody nose.
"Some people were calm," he said. "Others were taking it a bit harder, crying and everything. I had to stay in my seat for a couple of minutes and then an ambulance man came. He put a neck brace on and slowly helped me out on to a stretcher."
About 40 Lyndhurst College students were returning to Melbourne from a camp in Queensland when the accident occurred in the Burnley Tunnel after a 23-hour bus journey.
A hospital spokeswoman said two students would remain under observation, possibly for several days.
She said both students were in a stable and comfortable condition.
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2021 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.