Community takes fight for rail to the Supreme Court
Rail corridor between Glenfield and Macarthur earmarked for medium density
Rail Trail boost to tourism - and local economy
Newcastle rail case may be long wait
Save Our Rail questions semantics argument over rail line cut
North West Rail Link corridor to extend through to Marsden Park
Camurra West to Weemelah Line Booked Out of Use
Rail Trail full steam ahead
John Holland Commissions Electronic Train Orders
Closure of Newcastle rail stations not technically a closure of whole line, State Government lawyer says
An administrative bungle by Transport for NSW has exacerbated fears among disability groups that essential over-the-phone services will be taken away from those most in need.
This week Transport for NSW distributed notices to select community groups which said it would "remove" top up services via the Opal customer care line, and trip planning and timetable services over the transport infoline, in the next couple of weeks.
Transport Minister Andrew Constance said the services will remain in place. CREDITETER RAE
This upset disability groups who said that their members heavily relied on over-the-phone services, that there had been a lack of consultation and the closures were happening too fast, without any awareness-raising efforts.
When the Opposition confronted the Disability Services Minister Ray Williams during question time on Thursday, he deflected and instead started speaking about the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
The announcement from Transport for NSW.
Later, Transport Minister Andrew Constance said the "services will remain in place"
This article first appeared on www.smh.com.au
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2020 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.