Station naming deals announced
Runaway Rail Car Kicked Loose by Teen Hits New York Station
Škoda unveils its second tram for the Chinese market
Wabtec to buy Faiveley Transport for US$1·8bn
Constantine tram extension contract
Channel Tunnel: '2,000 migrants' tried to enter
Ottawa urban rail gets federal funding
UK and Italian operators order Vossloh locomotives
First Great Western and Eversholt sign Hitachi AT300 train contract
Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi invite interest in DIKKM railway
on the 15km line started in April 2015, but was halted in August 2016 when
some of the original contractors which made up the Move Consortium, including
Odebrecht, Queiroz Galvão and UTC Engenharia, became embroiled in the Lava Jato
(“Car Wash”) anti-corruption operation. The consortium, which was required to
fund half of the construction costs and operate the line for 25 years under the
terms of the public-private partnership (PPP), also complained of financial
The consortium’s contract was subsequently cancelled in 2018. In November, Spanish company Acciona came forward with a bid to purchase a 70% stake in the Move Consortium for Reais 1bn plus debt and will now continue the project. The Move Consortium is expected to retain the remaining 30% share.
The state will adopt the internal measures to fulfil the necessary legal requirements and sign documentation to resume work in 2020 in the next 45 days.
The 15.3km north-south line will connect Brasilândia in northern São Paulo with São Joaquim Station in the city centre. The line is expected to serve more than 630,000 passengers per day and offer an end-to-end journey time of 23 minutes.
The PPP project is estimated to cost Reais 12bn. Reais 694m has already been invested in civil works and Reais 984m to pay for the expropriations of 371 shares with around 15% of the project already completed. Work is projected to take four years to complete.
For detailed data on rail projects from around the world, subscribe to IRJ Pro.
The post Work to resume on São Paulo metro Line 6-Orange appeared first on International Railway Journal.
This article first appeared on www.railjournal.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2020 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.