Victorian Railway's, by then V/Line, broad-gauge S306 at Mile End diesel depot on 13 July 1986.
S306 was one of 18 S class locomotives built between 1957 and 1961 by Clyde Engineering in New South Wales and were regular visitors to South Australian on through working duties on the Melbourne to Adelaide corridor.
In privatisation S306 was one of three that passed into Pacific National ownership. In 2014 it is currently stored, but is unlikely to work again.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.