October 17, 1990, 10:35 am
April 19, 2014, 1:39 am
Queensland Railways 1461 at Warwick Railway Station, Queensland, Australia on 17/10/1990.
Queenslands Railways 1461 was built 05/1964 at Comeng, Rocklea, Brisbane - EMD G12C (64-349), entered service 20/04/1964 ("Centennial" 1965),
withdrawn 20/10/1995 & preserved at Ipswich Shops.
42 1460 Class Co-Co EMD G12 were built between 1964-1966 for Queensland Railways 1067mm Network.
The 1460 class was an evolution of the 1450 class fitted with a new carbody and cab as well as dual controls and improved generators. Five were fitted with dynamic braking for descending the Haughton Range from Charters Towers to Townsville on the Great Northern Railway (Mt Isa line). They operated services along the North Coast line.
The first was withdrawn in December 1986. In 1995 21 were sold to Tranz Rail in New Zealand. Eighteen were overhauled at Hutt Workshops and placed in service with Tranz Rail as the DQ and QR classes or with the Australian Transport Network in Tasmania as the DQ2000 class. Four Tranz Rail DQs were exported to South Africa in 2013.
For more on QR Class 1460, goto:-
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2019 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.