1511 at Ipswich Marshaling Yard, Brisbane, Australia on
1511 was built in 02/1968 at Comeng, Eagle Farm, Brisbane - EMD G22C 68-606 and entered service 01/03/1968 and
29 Class 1502 Co-Co EMD G22C Locomotives were built at Commonwealth Engineering, Eagle Farm, Queensland between 1967 & 1969.
The 1502 class was an evolution of the 1460 class fitted with a more powerful Electro-Motive Diesel 645E engine and upgraded generators and traction motors.. They operated services in South East Queensland including suburban trains in Brisbane.
In 1996 four were sold to Tranz Rail in New Zealand. After rebuilding at Hutt Workshops, they were placed in service with the Australian Transport Network in Tasmania as the DQ2000 class.
All had been withdrawn by 1999. In 2002 six were overhauled and fitted with 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge bogies from FreightCorp 49 class locomotives for use by Interail in New South Wales as the 423 class.
In 2005 seven have been exported to Ferrocarril de Antofagasta a Bolivia, Chile. In 2006 two were rebuilt and transferred to Australian Railroad Group for use in Western Australia as the AD class.