Australian National broad gauge (5'3" ALCos 931/836 amble along between Hamley Bridge and Wasleys, South Australia, with a loaded grain train from Owen to Port Adelaide on the evening of 28 January 1993.
Both locos were originally built for the South Australian Railways under licence by A E Goodwin of Sydney; 931 (model DL500B) in 1956 and 836 (DL531) in 1960.
931 was one of the last three of a class of 37 locos to survive and would be withdrawn later in 1993. 836 still survives in partially rebuilt form as #905 in 1067mm services with Genesee & Wyoming Australia.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.