About half of the former Queensland Railways 1720 class (1720-1775) have now been withdrawn. A few were scrapped and many were exported to South Africa. The rest are divided between Queensland Rail and Aurizon. 1741 is apparently “privately” preserved on a disconnected siding to the old (General Ferrilisers) fertiliser works at Blackstone, Ipswich on what was the Redbank - Bundamba Loop but which now runs from Bundamba to Swanbank.
Of note is that it is still in original QR colours. This location also contains a few other items of rollingstock. Further information would be welcome. The site is a private business and not open to the public.