In the short term...
1. the old Booking Hall (ie; the area between the two walkways to the light rail) is to become a licensed restaurant.
2. the former Dining Area (ie: former Hungry Jacks "flame" grill, cafe and licenced area in the north-east corner) is to be refitted as a cafe, convenience food store and food outlet.
Above are from documents publicly available from the City of Sydney. (downloadable from website, look for development applications and approvals). These have been approved.In the longer term
(2025 -> concept only & subject to approval)...
1. the upper levels of the Grand Concourse building will become a 180-room boutique five-star hotel.
2. the area where the light rail terminus is (outside the old Booking Hall / Grand Concourse) will become the vehicle turnaround and pedestrian access for the Hotel. (Plebs keep out!)
3. the light rail will be shifted to Pitt Street.
4. three towers of up to 40 storeys above the Lee Street bus terminal / layover.
5. the Railway Square YHA will go for three commercial towers. (stuff the backpackers & pleb tourists! - they can go somewhere else)
More here... Internal documents show makeover of Sydney's Central Station
SMH - online November 12 2017 - Matt O'Sullivan
(also scroll down the article and read the comments)
Please, please, good people... you must keep up with the NSW Government asset fire sale !
Oops... been fixing the linky-poo.