As with a previous person on here - Sunbury23 - I find myself in a similar situation.
I saw an opportunity advertised for trainee driver/ second person with Railtrain and applied. Offered is:
- 12 months paid training - 5 weeks in Geelong Vic and the rest in Melbourne
- casual basis and I think, move on to Pacific National.
- guaranteed 60hrs fortnight
- some candidates are lucky enough to sign on with PN before the 12 month training ends
- opportunity to become a train driver
I'm quite sure my medical and police check will pass as I did these only 11 months ago for my current job and passed.
Before leaving my current full-time permanent job with Metro Trains Melbourne, I would like to be sure that Railtrain is legit with what they are offering. Has anyone out there got any reviews on Railtrain? Has anyone been "taken for a ride" with false promises?
Why would I leave my permanent job with Metro? The chance to become a Train Driver through Railtrain sounds appealing. It would be devastating to leave my job for a job that may not be for real.
Thanks for any comments / feedback.