The caption reads 'Balwin-built [sic] W 217 on an up pass. at Alexandra Rd. which was re-named Lily in 1909, it eventually became Koriella in 1916.'.
The photo seems to have been taken before 1909, whilst Alexandra Road was the 20-year terminus of the Alexandra line. The line was extended to Alexandra in 1909, probably the reason for the first name change.