The West Coast Railway was a private operation based in Victoria that operated the former state government passenger service between Melbourne and Warrnambool for not quite 11 years between 1993 and 2004.
For much of that time, services were hauled by a fleet of vintage former V/Line 'bulldog' units of the S and B classes carrying the distinctive WCR livery.
Originally on broad gauge, B61 was built for the Victorian Railways by Clyde Engineering of Sydney and entered service in August 1952, making it the second oldest main line unit still in regular service in Australia.
It is now on standard gauge and owned by New South Wales based Southern Shorthaul Railroad.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.