Community takes fight for rail to the Supreme Court
Rail corridor between Glenfield and Macarthur earmarked for medium density
Rail Trail boost to tourism - and local economy
Newcastle rail case may be long wait
Save Our Rail questions semantics argument over rail line cut
North West Rail Link corridor to extend through to Marsden Park
Camurra West to Weemelah Line Booked Out of Use
Rail Trail full steam ahead
John Holland Commissions Electronic Train Orders
Closure of Newcastle rail stations not technically a closure of whole line, State Government lawyer says
Whitehaven Coal Ltd has advised that the estimated date for the reopening of a rail line closed down due to a derailment near Boggabri has been brought forward by five days.
Trains have been unable to move coal between the Narrabri underground mine and the Port of Newcastle since the track was damaged by a derailment on November 28.
In a statement issued to the Australian Securities Exchange, Whitehaven said that the Australian Rail Track Corporation now expects the line to be reopened on December 20.
The miner said its application to the Department of Planning to truck coal from its Narrabri mine to the Gunnedah CHPP while the rail line is closed was still being assessed.
Whitehaven said that a small scale trial of the trucking plan had been conducted and that a number of issues, mostly related to the significant increase traffic along the route, were highlighted and were being addressed.
The trial was designed to test the systems and procedures that would be employed for any larger-scale trucking should approval be granted.
This article first appeared on www.businessspectator.com.au
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2021 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.