Lund – Malmö quadruple tracking contract
Prime Minister inaugurates Napoli Afragola station
ÖBB starts Pyhrnstrecke station upgrading
Weekly LCL service widens appeal of China-Europe rail route
Siemens to buy planning software company HaCon
Hupac orders eight multisystem locomotives
Montecargo privatisation cancelled
IONX and Ermewa agree telematics partnership
High-value chemicals travel from China to Europe by rail
DB Regio selected for Rhein-Neckar operating contract
CargoBeamer. a logistics service provider for the intermodal transport of non-craneable semi-trailers, is officially carbon neutral. The corresponding certificates were issued by service provider TÜV Nord Cert. All services offered by CargoBeamer and the company itself are carbon neutral retroactively since the beginning of 2022.
On average, CargoBeamer saves about 85 per cent of CO2 emissions compared to road transport and is significantly more energy-efficient than all truck technologies (diesel, hydrogen, electric). The remaining 15 per cent generated during transport by rail and at CargoBeamer and third-party terminals are now fully offset with gold standard certificates, investing in initiatives that contribute to climate protection and other social development projects. In addition to CO2 emissions, other greenhouse gasses such as methane (CH4) are also recorded as CO2 equivalents (“CO2e”) and offset.
As a carbon neutral company, CargoBeamer offsets both direct emissions (scope 1 and 2) and numerous service-related emissions from the scope 3 category, including business travel, commute, or the operation of office premises. While there are no additional costs for CargoBeamer’s customers regarding carbon neutrality, they receive annual certificates attesting to the CO2e emissions they have saved.
Signing the Climate Pledge
CargoBeamer has also signed “The Climate Pledge”. In this initiative launched by Amazon in 2019, more than 300 companies have since committed to net-zero emissions by 2040, ten years ahead of the Paris Climate Agreement. CargoBeamer will reduce this deadline for itself by another ten years to achieve carbon neutrality along the entire value chain by 2030.
The difference to a certification as “carbon neutral”, which is already valid today, is in the compensation of Scope 3 emissions in terminal construction and steel production upstream of wagon construction. CargoBeamer already offsets all other Scope 3 emissions generated by service providers.
Nicolas Albrecht, CEO of CargoBeamer, says: “With carbon neutrality, we are responding to an increasingly loud call from our customers and sending a strong signal to the transport industry that environmentally friendly business practices are a top priority. If the transport sector still accounts for a large share of Europe’s total emissions, there is a need for innovative and sustainable technologies for logistics, which at the same time can meet the rapidly growing demand for reliable and high-frequency transport chains.
This article first appeared on www.railfreight.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2022 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.