Lund – Malmö quadruple tracking contract
Prime Minister inaugurates Napoli Afragola station
ÖBB starts Pyhrnstrecke station upgrading
Weekly LCL service widens appeal of China-Europe rail route
Siemens to buy planning software company HaCon
Hupac orders eight multisystem locomotives
Montecargo privatisation cancelled
IONX and Ermewa agree telematics partnership
High-value chemicals travel from China to Europe by rail
DB Regio selected for Rhein-Neckar operating contract
The acquisition is the first through the new Ania F2i Fund, which will hold 92.5% of the share capital. The remaining 7.5% will be held by CFI founder, Mr Giacomo Di Patrizi, who will continue as CEO.
“With this operation, the Ania F2i Fund enters a sector that is essential for the support of the national production system and, at the same time, crucial to contribute to the progressive decarbonisation of freight transport in Italy,” says F2i SGR CEO, Mr Renato Ravanelli.
“F2i’s investment philosophy is to create an independent, efficient, national champion that is able to achieve economies of scale, also by aggregating additional operators, and to develop intermodal projects with other assets of the fund, such as freight ports, a sector in which F2i has recently invested.”
Ania chairman, Ms Maria Bianca Farina, says the coronavirus emergency showed how important it was to have independent and efficient freight operators.
“We believe that infrastructure will contribute to the regrowth of our economy and we confirm the commitment of the insurance sector to support the country’s system even in these difficult times,” Farina says.
CFI, which has annual revenue of €64m, was founded in 2007 and now operates around 170 trains per week.
This article first appeared on www.railjournal.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2021 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.