Talking Headways Podcast: The Rules Require Death
New accessibility features added in the latest Railway Magazine app update
Railway Age: September 2021 Digital Edition On Line
PREVIEW: Issue 284 of Heritage Railway magazine
Book review: ‘Railways - A history in drawings’ by Christopher Valkoinen
The Guinness Brewery Railways, Dublin
RT&S September issue now available online
Book Review: Early Japanese Railways by Dan Free
NSW 46 CLASS
Virtual Conversations: Fall Edition
Inside, you’ll find feature stories on:
• Railroads at Midyear — As freight traffic returns to pre-pandemic levels, the industry finds itself preoccupied with major merger activity.
• Women in Transportation: “Integrated, Multimodal Thinking” — “You have to step out of your comfort zone if you want to see change,” says Anne Canby. Throughout her remarkable transportation career, she has embraced that mindset.
• Tech Focus: Rail Lubrication and Friction Management — Today’s suppliers are not only providing lubrication and friction management systems that significantly reduce rail wear and fuel expenses, but also developing all-weather products and remote monitoring capabilities that lower the railroads’ cost of ownership—and maximize performance.
• Tech Focus: Maintenance of Way — A look at geometry, GPR and LIDAR data integration.
• TTCI R&D: Machine Learning for Machine Vision Systems — Reliable, real-time monitoring of in-service railcar components will enhance the potential for maintenance planning.
Railway Age also presents its 50th Annual Car & Locomotive Repair Directory, which contains information about companies providing contract car and locomotive repair and support (component repair) services to the railroad industry.
In addition, Railway Age Financial Editor David Nahass covers top takeaways from the Rail Insights 2021 Virtual Conference, presented by Railway Age. Speakers included: CSX President and CEO Jim Foote (keynote); BNSF President and CEO Katie Farmer; Anacostia Rail Holdings Chairman Peter Gilbertson; Rep. Donald Payne Jr. (D-N.J.), Chair of the House Railroad Subcommittee; New Jersey Transit President and CEO Kevin Corbett; and Cowen and Company Managing Director and Railway Age Wall Street Contributing Editor Jason Seidl.
These highlights and more can be found in Railway Age’s July 2021 digital edition.
The post Now On Line: Railway Age’s July 2021 Digital Edition appeared first on Railway Age.
This article first appeared on www.railwayage.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2021 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.