On 15 July 1992, single ended ALCo 'World' no.934 made a rare solo working to the Barossa Valley to collect cement hoppers from the Adelaide Brighton Cement works at Angaston - seen here on its return journey at Nuriootpa. The track is still in situ, but most of the rest of the infrastructure has gone.
The South Australian Railways took delivery of 37 ALCo 'World' DL500Bs between 1955 and 1967, all built in Australia by AE Goodwin of Sydney. The first six of the class 930-935 only had a cab at the A end, while the remainder of the class had cabs at the both the A and B (flat) end.
All passed into the ownership of Australian National Railways when the state government system was taken over by the federal government in 1978.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.